MyBioMark Sdn, Bhd("BioMark", "Company", "we", "us" or "our") places the utmost importance on protecting the privacy of those who provide personal information to us.
We are MyBioMark Sdn, Bhd registration number 1277297-V, a limited company registered at 2nd Floor Lot 321, Section 54 Ktld, Jln Petanak, 93100, Kuching.
You can contact us at email@example.com.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We collect and process any of the following information about you and refer to this as "Personal Data" throughout this policy:
Information you give us
You may give us information about yourself when you sign up to our App or by contacting us by phone, email or any other means.
The information you give us may include:
- master data: name, gender, date of birth;
- contact details: home address, correspondence address, billing address, e-mail address;
- verification details: information pertaining to the verification of identity, including identification type, and identification / passport numbers;
- health-related data, for example, height, weight, blood pressure, sleeping habits, resting heart rate, and social habits such as smoking and drinking habits;
- any such information as we deem necessary or appropriate from time to time in connection with your commercial relationship with us (collectively, "Personal Data").
Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide our services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
Information generated by our services
We will receive Personal Data about you from a designated laboratory ("Lab") and the Doctor website (“Doctor Platform”) as a result of our services.
- The types of personal information that we receive as a result of our services include the following special categories of Personal Data:
- visualisation of whether your biomarkers are within or outside the normal range;
- your test results and assessment of health risks;
- recommendations for further tests (if any); and
- any other information that is collected from our services.
- We must obtain your explicit consent in order to process these special categories of Personal Data. We obtain your consent when you sign up to the service and accept our Terms and Conditions. If you choose to withdraw your consent in accordance with section 6 below, we will be unable to continue to provide our services to you.
Sources of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data has and/or will be obtained from the following sources:
- information provided or submitted by you;
- information provided by third parties, for example, doctors or healthcare providers with which you have consulted;
- information gathered through promotional and / or marketing activities;
- cookies that your web browser stores on your device when you visit a website;
- publicly available or publicly accessible information (as applicable); and
- such other written or verbal communications or documents delivered to us prior to and during the course of our contractual or pre-contractual dealings with you.
As the accuracy of your Personal Data depends largely on the information you provide to us, kindly inform us as soon as practicable if there are any errors in your Personal Data or if there have been any changes to your Personal Data.
Purposes of collecting your Personal Data
We and third party data processors acting on our behalf collect, use and store the Personal Data listed to enable you to receive services for which you have signed up for. More specifically, we collect, use and store your personal information for the following reasons:
- to inform you of your blood profile;
- to inform you of the possible health risks based on the analysis of your blood results, whether autonomously generated by algorithm and/or through a review by a doctor;
- to provide you with a visualisation of whether your biomarkers are within or outside the normal range (with data provided by a designated lab);
- to provide you with static definitions on what the biomarker could mean;
- to provide you with recommendations on further tests for your consideration;
- to provide you with internal and externally produced articles and research with tips on how to improve your biomarkers;
- where you have consented for your information to be available to a specific doctor, to allow that doctor access to your information to view your test results, order tests on your behalf, view your history and set reminders for further tests and follow-up doctor visits.
- for membership registration; and to offer you benefits and privileges;
- where you have consented, to promote and market products and services which may address your health risks;
- to deliver of notices, services or products to you;
- to create a data pool which may be used for research and development for drugs, medicines and other health products and services;
- for the facilitation of transactions that you have or may have with us;
- for processing of orders and payment clearing; for collection of outstanding payments from you;
- for consumer care and/or defect rectification works;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- where you have consented for your information to be available, for conducting marketing, promotional and client profiling activities in connection with services and related products for our vendors and business partners;
- for evaluation purposes and for the further enhancement of our products and services;
- for our internal record keeping;
- the prevention of crime including but not limited to fraud, money-laundering, and bribery;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any of our member companies; and / or
- in order to fulfill any purpose directly related to the above purposes. (collectively, "Purpose")
Storage and Security
We retain your Personal Data for as long as you use the services we provide and as required by applicable laws.
There are security policies and procedures in place that confines access to your Personal Data to authorised personnel only based upon their role in your care.
We may retain the Personal Data and that of other individuals that you provide to us for a reasonable period having regard to the Purposes for which the Personal Data was collected. We will cease to retain the Personal Data where your Personal Data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for.
We will share your personal information with the following categories of third parties, including:
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law; any party pursuant to an order of a court;
- any related and associated companies, affiliates and subsidiaries of the Company, including those established in the future;
- any data processors processing your Personal Data on our behalf;
- where applicable, third parties who provide related services or products in connection with our business such as our vendors, business partners, and any party assisting us in carrying out the Purposes laid our above;
- where you have consented for your information to be available, parties which participate in joint marketing schemes with us;
- any agent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, order processing, payment clearing, credit reference, debt collecting or other services necessary to the operation of our business;
- organisations including their professional service providers and relevant regulatory authorities whether within or outside Malaysia, in connection with the acquisition, disposition and / or intended acquisition or disposition of the Company's assets and / or the Company itself whether directly or indirectly;
- any party or organisation who are bound by confidentiality agreements with us;
- any person to whom we are, in our belief in good faith, under an obligation to make disclosure as required by any applicable law; including, but not limited to government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers.
Any third parties with whom we share your personal information are limited in their ability to use your personal information for any purpose other than to provide services to us. We will always ensure that any third parties with whom we share your personal information are subject to the data protection principles under Malaysian law.
Please rest assured that we will only disclose the minimum amount of information which we think are necessary for the Purpose and that we will take all appropriate safeguards to ensure the integrity and security of your Personal Data.
In addition, you will appreciate that we are part of the BioMark group of companies which operates in different countries. Accordingly, access to your Personal Data may be granted to other entities within the BioMark group of companies and may be transferred out of Malaysia for data storage, onward transmission and / or processing by the BioMark group globally.
Save as expressly detailed above, we will never share, sell or rent any of your personal information to any third party without notifying you and/or obtaining your consent. Where you have given your consent for us to use your information in a particular way, but later change your mind, you should contact us and we will stop doing so.
Impact resulting from failure to supply and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data
Except for Personal Data which is collected, used and disclosed for direct marketing purposes, you must provide us with the Personal Data which we request from you. If you do not consent and supply us with your Personal Data, this will result in the following:
- we will be unable to analyse your blood sample and provide you with among others, information on your basic health, nutrition and physical condition;
- we will be unable to provide you with the information, notices, services and/or products requested;
- your ability to enter and participate in any contests organised by us may be affected; and
- the ability of the parties to enter into the necessary agreement in relation to the provision of our services to you may be affected.
It is optional for you to provide the categories of Personal Data which we request from you for direct marketing purposes.
Your rights to access, limit and correct your personal data
You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and you may:
- check whether we hold or use your Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- request that we limit the processing of your Personal Data;
- request for information concerning the ways your Personal Data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us within a year before the date of your request;
- request that we specify or explain our policies and procedures in relation to Personal Data and the categories of Personal Data collected, used and disclosed by us;
- withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period.
Please address all requests and / or questions or concerns which you may have regarding the subject matter and contents of this Notification to email@example.com.